THIS CLASS IS ABOUT LEADING GROUPS - working with group energy and understanding group dynamics.
There will be direct examples given as David will lead a group Breathwork session each day and teach about his moment to moment process, as well as the whole experience from creating the class topic, working with the energy of the group in the weeks prior to getting together, all the way through to leading and closing down a group.
Added elements and topics we will explore:
- Groups have a tendency to stir up discomfort and unresolved trauma from childhood situations. I’ve found this can cause much apprehension around leading groups and what to do when conflict occurs. We will work on bringing this awareness to the surface and clearing it in the breathwork on Saturday
- We will be covering group situations inclusive of leading breathwork circles, as well as longer venues such as two day workshops like this one, and longer retreats on location with varied topics, and working with other leaders and teachers
- I’ll explain some of the differences between working in a familiar space that you have more control over to traveling to location w/ a group of people.
* Prerequisite - completed at least Level 1 or Level 2 class. In 2020 the requirement will be both Levels 1 & 2 class to attend Level 3
- Homework for the class - create a Flyer/Post of a sample group that you could see yourself leading or have lead in the past - points to include are: Topic, Date, Time, Location, and Cost
Time: 9am - 5:00pm (lunch 12:30-1:45pm)
Date: April 18 -19, 2020
Location: Roam Meditation Center, 1492 Blake Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90031
Bring: yoga mat, notebook, pen
Develop your intuition. Deepen your healing. Discover your heart.