Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation this class is online, and will be taught by David
Learn the basics of the Healer Training work taught by David. In this first class you will learn about the 2-stage Pranayama Breathwork meditation, which is one of the foundational tools of the work. You will learn why the breath is used the way it is in clearing your mind and body of stuck energy. Exercises and partnered breakout sessions within the class are used to develop your connection to intuition, boost confidence around your gifts and talents to live freely, and open the heart to the power of self-love. The Level 1 class includes training and guidance with all of David’s healing tools and extensive discussion about the work, the breath and what it is to heal yourself and others. This class is the first of four levels that prepare you to work with others and lead breath work circles.
Location: ONLINE - ZOOM
Date: Nov 14-15, 2020
Time: Saturday & Sunday - 9am - 5:00pm PT (CA time) (1 hr lunch @ 12:30pm)
Scholarship opportunities: are being offered now for the BIPOC and LGTBQIA+ communities. Applications are provided when enrolling for the class.
* Online class Requirements - Read The Reluctant Healer and HEALING as it takes more preparation from everyone to make the online classes flow well. Homework assignment is below. Additionally new material is being added in to bring the curriculum more current with this social moment. We will be meeting the weekend before to cover homework and address new material.
- Both books can be purchased on this site, or on Amazon
- You can also download HEALING as a PDF for free here https://www.davidelliott.com/writings/healing-/
Homework assignment - Homework for Level 1, Nov 14-15, 2020 class – homework meeting 11-8-20 @ 5pm
THE RELUCTANT HEALER - exercises to answer, and pay close attention to these pages:
1. History Exercise - pg 25
2. Pay special attention to - A Healing Session - pg 85 - 94 - and the time frames. I will be giving examples of “in person” and “remote” sessions. - I generally get a lot of questions about the time use in sessions
3. Chakra Blocks - pg 167 – 181 - If you lean into these areas w/in your own body you will make more connections of where people hold blocks
4. Sexuality and Second Chakra - pg 197 - 224 – the more you work into understanding the second chakra the more you will understand where people hold trauma
HEALING exercises to answer, and pages to pay close attention to: (if for any chance you can't make the Homework gathering on 11-8-2020, to participate in the class you will need to turn in the homework for HEALING answering all of the questions)
1. Answer these Exercises - 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
2. Pay special attention to pgs - 23-45; 99-132; 137-177; 200-213
** Certification - if you are interested in being certified to work with others individually and to lead breathwork groups, then the minimum amount of class time is 8 days of training or 64 hrs. Ideally it consists of 2 days of each of the four Levels, and I prefer the bulk of this training happens in person. Nevertheless, with Covid we are making some adjustments and training some people online and I still suggest people retake some of the classes in person when able.
Develop your intuition. Deepen your healing. Discover your heart.